Do you know that since 2016, citizens from (almost) all countries in the world can make entrance to Indonesia freely without visa? Yes, they can. Last March, the 2nd, 2016 The Government of Indonesia issued a renewed list of Indonesia Visa Free Countries. (Indonesia President Law No 21, 2016)
The list has been added by another 79 making total 169 countries. If you consider the number of countries in the world, which is 200 countries, then this number means almost all countries.
Citizens from the listed countries can make an entry to Indonesia without visa.
Please take a look at the below list of Indonesia Visa Free Countries.
Indonesia Visa Free Countries
|NAME OF COUNTRY||NAME OF COUNTRY||NAME OF COUNTRY|
|5||Antigua and Barbuda||62||Honduras||119||Puerto Rico|
|6||Argentina||63||Hong Kong SAR||120||Qatar|
|12||Bahrain||69||Jamaica||126||Sao Tome and Principe|
|21||Bosnia and Herzegovina||78||Latvia||135||South Africa|
|25||Bulgaria||82||Lithuania||139||St Kitts and Nevis|
|26||Burkina Faso||83||Luxembourg||140||St Lucia|
|27||Burundi||84||Macau SAR||141||St Vincent and Grenadines|
|34||Commonwealth of Dominica||91||Malta||148||Tanzania|
|39||Cuba||96||Moldova||153||Trinidad & Tobago|
|46||El Salvador||103||Nauru||160||United Arab Emirates|
|56||Ghana||113||Papua New Guinea|
Am I allowed to enter Indonesia without visa?
However, there are some conditions that must be fulfilled to obtain this right.
The first is about the purpose of your visit. The visa free entry is more for people coming to Indonesia for following reason
- Tourism : If you want to come to see the beauty of the archipelago, you have the privilege
- Family : If you have families, relative who live in Indonesia and you want to see them, just pack your luggage and order the ticket. You are granted.
- Cultural / Art Visit : You want to make an exhibition in Indonesia, of course you are welcomed
- Government visits : If you are government officers in your country and would like to meet your counterparts in Indonesia, don’t worry about visa. Just come.
- Lecturer or seminar : If you are a lecturer and would share your knowledge to Indonesian, then there is no reason to refuse your coming.
- For a meeting with your Head office or your Representative Office
- In transit :You may need to take a rest during your long travel to another country. Why don’t you enjoy a little time in Indonesia.
Unfortunately, if you seek for news, in short on journalism duty, then this privilege is not for you. Even though your passport says the name of the country listed on the list of Indonesia Visa Free Countries, you must apply for a visa and ask for an approval.
The Conditions And The Penalty
Supposed that your country is listed and your aim is not for journalism, only several common steps you need to check.
- Make sure your passport is still valid for at least 6 months
- One blank page (if it is full, then there is no place for immigration officer to put their stamp)
- A return ticket, if you make Indonesia as a final destination for your trip or
- A ticket to another country if you are in transit
Also, you need to bear in mind that being a citizen of Indonesia Visa Free countries, you are not expected to stay forever here.
The visa free entry is limited for 30 days only after your entrance. This visa free facility can not be extended. This facility can not also be used to apply for another type of Indonesia visa.
Once it’s expired then you must fly out from Indonesia.
In case, due to some reasons, you can not leave Indonesia, which means overstaying, there are penalty to apply.
- for each day of overstay is penalized Rp. 300.000/day
- The maximum days of overstaying are 60 days
- After the 60 days are exceeded, then you will face harsher penalties. This can mean you can be sentenced in prison maximum of 5 years . or You can be fined for Rp. 500.000.000
So, please be careful my friends.
Anyway, the facility provided for citizens of the Indonesia Visa Free countries should be enough for you to see Indonesia. I really don’t think your boss will allow you to take too long vacation.
See you here mate! We have made it easy for you to come and enjoy Indonesia.